LIVING WATERS INC
2023 BLACK YOUTH WELLNESS SUMMIT
CENTERING THE VOICE OF BLACK YOUTH
Thank you for attending the 2023 Black Youth Wellness Summit. The summit was in partnership with the Black Youth Wellness Initiative and the Department of Sociology at UNC Charlotte. To our Sponsors, Host/Moderator, Speakers, Providers, Exhibitors, and Event Teams, a special thank you for your contribution and support
The summit was the feature event for the Black Youth Wellness Weekend during Suicide Prevention Month. Activities included:
- The Building Bridges For Black Youth Wellness dialogue with faith leaders, youth servicing organizations, and parent/caregivers on Friday, September 22, 2023
- The 2023 Black Youth Wellness Summit on Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Media advocacy campaigns focusing on Black youth’s mental and emotional wellbeing
The summit featured:
- A moderated open forum / Q & A session with Black youth and experts, advocates, decision-makers, and leaders where the youth shared their ideas, opinions, and concerns about the issues, approaches, and decisions that impact their mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Activities and information for Black youth to learn coping skills for managing stress, building resilience, and enhancing their self-esteem. The activities included “Healing Through Creative Expression-Wellness Stations” for Drumming/Dance, Art, Spoken Word, and Crafts/Beads.
- Activities for parents and caregivers including Yoga “Healing Through Creative Expression-Wellness Stations”.
- Exhibitions with resources for youth, parents and caregivers
We look forward to seeing you next year. In the meantime, please click here to view highlights of the summit and feel free to share them with your network.